Monday, July 30, 2007

La Vie en Rose ?

Well, as My Friend Jayne pointed out, it was not the for first time that she and I had stepped out with intent to watch a girly feel-good movie, only to find ourselves elbow-deep in misery.
La Vie en Rose is the big-screen biopic of rasp-voiced French icon Edith Piaf.
Her life comprised, in alphabetical order; alcoholism, bereavement, child abuse, cirrhosis, destitution, drug dependency........I'm only at 'D' and I'm sure you've had enough.
We emerged from the film, red-eyed and soggy-hankied!
But yes, a feel-good movie nonetheless - I challenge anyone not to feel good about their own life after living through just an hour and a half of hers !!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny they missed out the most uplifting bit of her life - working for the French resistance in WWII.